I Love Mad Libs

I have always loved Mad Libs.  The other day in the school bookstore I found a deck of Mad Lib cards.  Yes!  Who knew that Mad Libs could also be a card game?  Of course, since I don’t have anyone around here who wants to play card games, I figure I could use the cards to play the little books games all by myself.  I created a fabulous political speech!

Ladies and gentlemen, on this pierced occasion, it is a privilege to address such a massive-looking group of prom gowns.  I can tell from your smiling fingernails that you will support my pickled program in the coming election.  I promise that, if elected, there will be a poodle in every baseball and two belly buttons in every garage.  I want to warn you against my invisible opponent, Mr. George.  This man is nothing but a heartsick cell phone.  He has a tattooed character and is working pacifier in glove with the criminal element.  If elected, I promise to eliminate vice.  I will keep the grandmothers in the public till.  I promise you mysterious government, lovesick taxes, and shocking schools.

Now imagine all the politicians babbling nonsense like this as you go about your lives this election season.  It makes about as much sense as anything else they’re saying… and is a heck of a lot funnier.

This has been my good deed for the week.

6 Responses to “I Love Mad Libs”

1. July 25th, 2008 | 1:36 am

LOL.

Well, you got my vote!

Monique’s last blog post..My Life on the V-List

2. July 25th, 2008 | 10:35 am

hahaha you had me at ‘smiling fingernails’

fragileheart’s last blog post..All I’m going to say is, “Pencil.”

3. July 25th, 2008 | 6:57 pm

“Yes.

Who KNEW that Mad LIBS could also be a card GAME?”

Good one. Poor Phil! He’s going to get a complex with all of us laughing at him!

I didn’t even KNOW about this blog!!!

JD at I Do Things’s last blog post..I Am Fat (and Disgusted) so you don’t have to be

4. Kelly
    July 25th, 2008 | 7:21 pm

@Monique… Oh, no! I’m not running for ANYTHING. No, no. And no.

@fragileheart… I’m so going to be doing more of these!

@JD… I’ve only had it on EC for a couple of months, I think. And I ignored it for a while before that. But I will endeavor to write witty things that Phil (or Natasha) can read for everyone.

5. July 26th, 2008 | 12:18 pm

Love this! Everyone should have at least two bellybuttons in their garage! JD turned me onto this blog, as I was only aware of the art one. I’m subscribing. Hey, so did you get Odiogo to give you a Natasha voice?

Kathy’s last blog post..Man on Mars?

6. Kelly
    July 27th, 2008 | 2:09 pm

@Kathy… Three cheers for JD! Yes, Natasha reads my posts for all three of my blogs now. (The third one is my book blog. Treasure hunt time! LOL Ok, if you really want to know and can’t find it, I’ll tell you. Later.)